Do you want to meet young people from all around Europe?
- Are you ready to contribute to the implementation of an international youth event?
Would you like to help with the creation of escape game challenges that will inspire your fellow citizens to confront fake news?
If your answer to these questions is YES, you are the right place!
We are organizing Europeans Against Fake News (EAF) event in Thessaloniki, Greece, where we will bring together large number of young people and engage them in a discussion about fake news that are surrounding online sphere. Through the series of creative activities mixing methodology of living libraries and collaborative workshops, we will work on enhancing their media literacy and inspiring critical thinking of young people in order to enable them to learn how to recognize, debunk and deconstruct fake news. These events will address fake news on 4 topics in which the majority of the fake news today is created:
1. Fundamental rights in the time of Covid-19
2. Climate cha(lle)nge
3. Migration: “Hometown of disinformation and populist campaigns”
4. Euroscepticism as a democratic barrier
BUT WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!
Volunteers will have a key role in implementation of this event! Once selected, you will be actively engaged into preparation, support and realization of the EAF event, having opportunity to:
- learn about fake news and how to work with young people in empowering their media literacy and critical thinking,
- meet with young people from all across Europe and make new friendships,
- participate in developing creative forms of youth expression such are escape game challenges critically addressing fake news,
- improve your skills in organizing fun and attractive international events.
But are you the one we are looking for?
You are eligible to apply if you:
– Are interested or have some experience in volunteering and activism,
– Are willing to take part in the event for its entire duration,
– Have knowledge of the English language,
– Coming from Belgium, Spain, Slovenia, Greece, Croatia, or any other European country that is part of the Citizens, Rights, Equality and Values programme
– Are ready to participate in the short online preparatory meeting before the start of event.
Where and how to apply?
You can apply by filling in the application form at: https://forms.gle/uKs6vt7trG8AqdXV7
The deadline for submitting the application is 15th of August 2023.
What if I get selected?
The event will take place in Thessaloniki, from 27th to 30th of September 2023. Be ready to travel to Greece and support the implementation of this event! If you are selected, you will go through a short preparatory online meeting that will help you to learn more about your role in the event.
The organizers are covering all costs related to your travel, accommodation, and food during the EAF event.
This project “Europeans Against Fake News” is co-funded by the European Union.