Are you sick and tired of people spreading false information on the topic in which you are experienced in?
- Do you want to actively contribute to the fight against fake news?
Are you ready to share your knowledge and help build the critical thinking skills of young people?
If your answer to these questions is YES, you are the right address – the one that will help you achieve your ambitions!
How we will do this?
We are organizing Europeans Against Fake News (EAF) event in Thessaloniki, Greece, where we will bring together large number of young people and engage them in a discussion about fake news that are surrounding online sphere. Through the series of creative activities mixing methodology of living libraries and collaborative workshops, we will work on enhancing their media literacy and inspiring critical thinking of young people in order to enable them to learn how to recognize, debunk and deconstruct fake news. These events will address fake news on 4 thematic units in which the majority of the fake news today is created:
1. Fundamental rights in the time of Covid-19
2. Climate cha(lle)nge
3. Migration: “Hometown of disinformation and populist campaigns”
4. Euroscepticism as a democratic barrier
BUT WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!
If you decide to become part of our EAF team, we are offering you to:
- learn about the new creative methodologies in working with young people in addressing fake news,
- meet and exchange with media activists and youth workers from all around Europe,
- establish wide network of partners that will allow you to expand your work and enhance understanding of diverse national realities at the topic.
Once selected, you will receive a capacity building program that will boost your skills and allow you to engage into implementation of EAF events! As a media and policy activist, you will have opportunity to engage into discussion with young people about fake news, inspire their critical thinking and enhance their media literacy. This will be done through the series of attractive and interactives methodologies that are designed to inspire interaction, and whose protagonist will be you. But don’t worry in advance about the process, we will be there to boost your skills and make your ready for your active participation at EAF event.
Let’s talk a little bit about the criteria that you should met in order to be able to become media and policy activist.
Are you the one we are looking for?
You are eligible to apply if you:
– have a professional background in journalism, political sciences, sociology, ecology, medicine, economy, etc.
– Coming from Belgium, Spain, Slovenia, Greece, Croatia, or any other European country that is part of the Citizens, Equality, Rights and Values programme
– Able to communicate well in the English language
– Willing to actively participate in the event during its entire duration
– Ready to participate in the online preparatory training and mentorship process.
If so, we can’t wait for you to apply!
Where and how to apply?
You can apply by filling in the application form at: https://forms.gle/kjSfBUWsGn37erP76
The deadline for submitting the application is 15th of August 2023.
What if I get selected?
First, you will go through the online capacity building program that will prepare you for active participation at EAF events.
Also, you should be ready to travel to Greece, as the event will take place from 27th to 30th of September in Thessaloniki! There, you will be supporting the work of international EAF teams and share your expertise with other creative minds on tackling fake news and its impact on young people in Europe.
The organizers are covering all costs related to your travel, accommodation, and food during the EAF event.
This project “Europeans Against Fake News” is co-funded by the European Union.