The future of youth work is now! NFE activities are being filmed, live streams are being organized to reach more people, lectures posted online, e-learnings are replacing real meetings and online participation is replacing in-person participation, etc.
This is where the challenges start. Youth workers are going digital to ensure access to information, learning and decision making for young people hoping it will raise participation – if possible the meaningful one. But is it so in real life?
If you are youth worker who participated in the process of policy preparation we would like you to join us in the debate about the positive and negative impacts of growing use of digitalization in youth work by applying to a training “Do (Not) Digitalize Me”.
The training will be held in Vrnjačka Banja, Serbia, from 12th to 18th December, 2021.
Within this event we would especially like to talk with you about all the issues that have surfaced with this fast digitalisation of youth work:
- Does increasing digital participation influence in-person participation of young people and what is the role of youth work in it?
- Does an increase of digital participation result with real-life participation increasing and what is the role of youth work in it?
In order to increase the positive impact of digitalization and decrease negative ones we hope to come from this debate with policy recommendations that could become safeguards during the digitalization of youth work. It will also serve as a gathering point for young people working on the policy who will later become part of European awareness and advocacy coalition for responsible digitalisation.
WHO CAN APPLY?
You can apply for participation if:
- You are a youth worker with experience in policy development
- You live in one of Council of Europe member states
- You are 18 to 30 years old
- You are willing to actively participate in the entire duration of the Training
- You are ready to strictly follow all COVID19 prevention measures prescribed by the organizers.
HOW TO APPLY?
You can apply by filling in this application form:
TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATION INFORMATION
Organizers will cover all costs related to seminar materials, lecturers, trainers, accommodation and food. Participants are advised to use the most cost-efficient means of travel. Organisers will cover travel costs in accordance with CONNECT International’s decision on travel expenses reimbursement depending on country of origin.
WHEN SHOULD YOU APPLY?
Deadline for applying is November 25, 2021.
The project Do (Not) Digitalize Me is supported by the European Youth Foundation of the Council of Europe.