BITE of Art 2.0 initiative, run by the consortium of cultural operators from Spain, Slovenia, Belgium, and Serbia, is announcing:
Open call for young emerging artists to engage into shaping a future of European continent and address environmental and climate change issues through socially engaging contemporary visual art performances.
We are looking to support preparation, production, exhibition, and promotion of 4 socially engaging contemporary visual art performances produced by young emerging artists coming from various European countries (Creative Europe programme countries – list provided below). These performances should address challenges and issues related to environment and climate change and will be performed on the streets of Ljubljana, Slovenia, within the festival “A Future of Europe: Code GREEN”, from 9th to 13th of October 2023. All performances will be recorded and became a part of the permanent BITE Art Tour: Ljubljana edition, accessible to the visitors through BITE of Art application.
WHY TO APPLY?
- We will give you all support in preparation and production of your socially engaging performances. Firstly, through the finetuning process of preparation of the performances and secondly by financing the artwork’s production costs in the amount of up to 1000 EUR (gross amount).
- Your winning contemporary visual art performance will be performed on the streets of Ljubljana, as a part of the festival “A Future of Europe: Code Green”, attracting hundreds of visitors. Expenses of artists participation at the festival will be covered by the BITE of Art initiative.
- We will provide you with finetuning master classes at the Festival delivered by the established and recognized artists and professionals in the field of contemporary visual art.
- Implemented performances will be recorded through the augmented reality technology and become part of the first BITE Art Tour: Ljubljana Edition, that will be permanently accessible to the visitors through BITE of Art application. This way, reach of artistic performances will be extended to thousands of people visiting Ljubljana each year.
- Prior and after the implementation of performances, they will be widely promoted through the attractive BITE of Art communication channels, with wide outreach across Europe.
CLICK HERE >>> FULL OPEN CALL NOTICE WITH REGULATIONS <<< CLICK HERE